Story time

Story time

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Second Challenge Item

The second thing I chose to do was: 11. Explore any site from the Web 2.0 awards list, play with it and write a blog post about your findings.  I actually use quite a few of these sites on a regular basis, like Youtube, Facebook, Monster, Careerbuilder and a few more.  A few days ago, while wandering around through the Hillsborough County Library website, I found Mango Languages.  This is a sight that everyone with a Hillsborough library account can access with their card.  They offer 48 languages with 14 ESL options.  I played around with French, which I have experience with, and German, no experience.  There are different chapters with different lessons in each chapter.  It starts you out easy, with simple salutation phrases.  The phrase is said aloud, which the user is then supposed to repeat.  More words are added, but their is constant repetition and you can always choose to hear how the phrase is supposed to be said.  This is definitely one of the coolest, FREE, things I have seen in awhile.  Who needs Rosetta Stone?  Mango Languages might be where it's at!

No comments:

Post a Comment